Become an Accreditation Reviewer!
COAMFTE designated ten (10) open positions for qualified marriage and family therapy educators to serve as Accreditation Reviewers. This is a great opportunity for MFT professionals in academia to become a part of the changing landscape in the accreditation field and enhance the MFT accreditation process. Learn about COAMFTE accreditation and how other programs do it!
Accreditation Reviewers will be responsible for conducting reviews of accreditation program documents and providing recommendations to the Commission on programs' compliance with COAMFTE accreditation requirements. All appointments are made by the COAMFTE Chair.
- Educators in marriage and family therapy who have a minimum of a doctoral degree in Marriage and Family Therapy or a related mental health field
- Familiarity with COAMFTE’s accreditation standards, policies and processes
- Accreditation Review members cannot be concurrently serving on COAMFTE, the Eligibility Review Committee, the AAMFT Board or any committees or task forces of the AAMFT Board. Reviewers serve terms set forth by the COAMFTE chair and are eligible for reappointment by the Chair
- Reviewers are required to complete training before conducting reviews
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as Primary and Secondary Reviewers
- Review Accreditation documents (including self-study materials, annual reports and initial and renewal of accreditation documents)
- Provide timely and quality reviews
- Identify areas of compliance and non-compliance in the accreditation documents
- Provide recommendation to the Commission on program's substantial compliance
Structure and Expectations
- A minimum of ten members
- Length of term: Appointees will serve two-year terms.
- Work Environment: On-line forums and conference calls.
- Time commitment: Bi-annual reviews begin in the Spring and Fall. Committee members will have four to six weeks to complete the review of the assigned accreditation documents.
All selected members will be required to complete the virtual training in the Spring of 2019. Subsequent refresher training may be offered by the Commission and Staff to update the members on any changes and clarification to the review process.
Submit an application , indicating why you are interested and what qualifications, experience, research would make you a good fit, and a Curriculum Vita, on or before February 1, 2019. Please feel free to share this announcement in your professional circles. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.