Step 2 Letter of Intent
All programs seeking initial or renewal of accreditation are required to submit a letter of intent specifying their intent to seek accreditation.
- 6 months prior to Eligibility Criteria Submission (April 1st, October 1st)
- 6 months prior to Self-Study Submission (April 1st, October 1st) for programs seeking renewal of accreditation.
Letter should include:
- Projected date for submission of the Eligibility Criteria or Self-Study materials that are consistent with the schedule of the submission deadlines;
- Evidence of support from the institutional administration and program faculty;
- Written on institution letterhead;
- Signature of Program Director and an institutional administrator.
Information to Know:
- The letter of intent does not need to include any evidence of program compliance with Accreditation Standards.
- A program wishing to make a formal application for accreditation should do so only after studying the eligibility criteria and accreditation standards, accreditation process, policies, and procedures, and having discussion with the Director of Accreditation regarding requirements and application deadlines.
- All programs applying for initial accreditation are required to have a representative attend a COAMFTE accreditation training prior to the submission of an Eligibility Criteria Report.
For more information on the letter of intent, please refer to the COAMFTE Accreditation Manual, Letter of Intent, p. 16.
All submissions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further assistance from COAMFTE Staff, email us at email@example.com